语言社区  »  个人工作

让你的简历更有吸引力

项目部 • 2 年前 • 438 次点击  

According to Ric Edelman, author of Ordinary People, Extraordinary Wealth, the purpose of a resume is not to get a job, it's to get an interview-you will get the job. A resume should not list all your skills, but rather tease the employer with your achievements. These are ways to make your resume stand out.


《平凡人,非凡财富》一书的作者Ric Edelman认为简历的目的不是获得工作而是获得面试的机会;然后你才能获得工作。简历不该列举所有技能,而是要用成绩来"引诱"面试官。下面的方法可以让你的简历脱颖而出。


1. Broaden your work experience.
将工作经验适用范围拓宽

* Describe your job skills in ways that are transferable to other industries.
描述工作技能时,要让这些技能看上去可以应用到其它行业。

* Don't limit yourself to a specific type of job by simply listing the daily tasks you performed at your job. Expand on how your job impacted the business industry or company.
不要只列出过去具体的工作,这会给自己设定局限。而是描述你的工作怎样影响到整个行业或公司。


2. Use strong verbs.
用词要有力

* Don't talk about your capabilities. Talk about your accomplishments.
不要谈论你的能力,而要谈论成绩。

* Use active tenses rather than passive voice.
用主动语态。

* Good words to use are managed, created, led, accomplished and organized.
一些适合的词汇有:管理了、创建了、领导了、取得了、组织了。


3. Target a specific person.
目标读者要明确

Address your cover letter and envelope to a specific person. Usually a simple phone call to the company is all you need.
在你的求职新和信封上写上明确的收件人。通常打个电话就可以了解需要的一切。


4. Target a specific position.
职位要明确

Identify the position you are interested in and tweak your résumé to match the industry.
注明你感兴趣的职位,将简历稍稍改善以和职位匹配。


5. Make it easy to read.
易于阅读

* When writing your résumé think, "Less is more." Many people make the mistake of putting too much information on their résumés.
写简历时应该"少胜于多".许多人会犯把太多信息放入简历的错误。

* Don't write to the edges of the paper. Leave white space in the margins and in between jobs.
不要在纸边上写。要留出适当的页边距,所列的工作之间也该留出适当的行距。

* Use a readable font at a reasonable size.
采用大小合理方便阅读的字体。

* One page only.
只写一页纸。

And finally…… Take your new resume everywhere you go. It is your new calling card!
最后……要随身携带你的简历。它就是你的新"名片"!

Last edited at (2016-01-12 21:25)

 
438 次点击  
分享到微博